[commedia] does anyone know of

j.devine jdevine at easynet.co.uk
Wed Mar 13 14:18:41 GMT 2002

Have just been put in the way of some new technology by a visiting
American(well a Brit.expat actually),and am trying to decide whether his
proposed deal is another case of
transatlantic bragging or is for real,can anyone help ,have you heard of
this and is it technically feasible /joe devine
Quote: from friend:-
We think what the vi-phone basically is is a way of compressing a video
signal so that it can be sent down a telephone [copper wire] line. and it
is unpacked at the other end so as to be able to display a clear video
picture. I suspect that that is what the vi-phone is.We think what the
vi-phone basically is a way of compressing a video signal so that it can be
sent down a telephone [copper wire] line. and it is unpacked at the other
end so as to be able to display a clear video picture. I suspect that that
is what the vi-phone is.

People will get their stuff to us, though, in many ways, including
e-mailing video-tapes (with this system, a 90-minute movie downloads in 2
minutes, and begins playing before it's finished arriving!