[CMA] Community Radio strategy

Leslie Bunder leslie at somethingjewish.co.uk
Tue Nov 28 12:25:01 GMT 2006

Trevor and all

As a member and somewhat lurker of the list, thought I would add a couple of
things. Hopefully now I shall do less reading of posts and adding a few more
of my own.

First of all, avoid Business Link at all cost. We used them a few years ago
and the advice is geared towards them helping you write a business plan,
great if you want that but not very useful if what you are looking for is
help and support on marketing.  Far better to get a mentor, then use
Business Link.  They have recently relaunched (at least here in London), so
maybe now the service is better.

And the second point with Community Radio, associate yourself with local
community websites that cover similar interests to you. There are some good
potential partnerships there. Many websites are also developing podcasting
services which can be just as important as FM/AM/Digital radio.

As someone who has been involved in community new media for over a decade,
I'm looking forward to seeing how new media and traditional community media
can work together and support each other.

It's all about making sure people understand how partnerships can work and
not be afraid to do so.

Cheers

Leslie

--------
Leslie Bunder, editor and co-founder
SomethingJewish
www.somethingjewish.co.uk
tel: 07976 220 273
e-mail: leslie at somethingjewish.co.uk

SomethingJewish is published by JMT Ventures Limited.

The SomethingJewish network of sites includes: SomethingJewish.co.uk,
DailyJews.com, JewishBlogging.com SomethingIsraeli.com, SomeoneJewish.com,
Jewswire.com, Jewtastic.com Jewish.net, Jewish.co.uk and JewishReunion.co.uk
--------