[Greennet-l] GreenNet's new web site

GreenNet User Support support at gn.apc.org
Mon Oct 2 16:46:07 BST 2000

The GreenNet web site is different today! We have launched our new site
to coincide with The Human Rights Act 1998, becoming enacted into
UK Law. The site presents a special focus on human rights issues, with a
particular emphasis on the threats faced by all of us - the civil society
internet using public.

There are a number of exciting new features, including the 'Actions and
Campaigns' area. Here you will find details of our continuing work of
building civil society use of the Internet and defending and extending the
rights of those who use the Internet for social campaigning purposes.

This includes:

- A declaration and pledge to our users ~ the 'Civil Society and Internet
  Charter'.

- A series of issue briefings from Paul Mobbs, a GreenNet user, and the
 'Free Range' initiative including the Human Rights Act; the Data
  Protection Act and the Terrorism Act. These briefings are designed to
  highlight citizens right, and suggest how people can use those
  rights to further their own work in social and environmental causes

- GreenNet's Recommended candidate for the ICANN Board Elections, October
  1st through October 10th.

Other new areas to check out include:

- the GreenNet User Policy;
- searchable on-line news sources in 'Newsfeeds';
- frontpage archives, our weekly headlines over the past 2 years, and a
  lot more.

Your site is listed on the front page and in 'Issues and Themes', a
page dedicated to the GreenNet community.

We hope that the new site is easy to navigate and will provide you with
easy access to information about GreenNet' s campaigns and services. Let
us know what you think! We welcome any feedback and comments about the
site.

Best wishes,
Joanne Doyle
Coordinator GreenNet

     ***** Please note our new local rate phone number 0845 0554011 *****
          GreenNet - Global Computer Communications For Environment,
		     Peace, Human Rights and Development.
		74-77 White Lion Street, London, N1 9PF, UK.
          E-mail: coord at gn.apc.org  Website: http://www.gn.apc.org
         Tel: (+44) 020 7713 1941 or 0845 055 4011, Fax: (+44) 020 7837 5551

         **Please include the original message in your reply to us**