[Lac] Creative Commons Licensing for Developing Countries.

Diego Saravia dsa at unsa.edu.ar
Sat Sep 18 03:22:16 BST 2004

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 19:51:55 -0500, Taran Rampersad wrote
> Diego Saravia wrote:
>

> >>Digital Divide is not just a poverty issue. It's an information issue...
> >>that's another reason why Free Software is so important. Wouldn't you
> >>agree?
> >>

> >Free software is more a matter of freedom, than a mater of economy.
> >It could help, off course.
> >
> The Digital Divide is not just about money; it's about money because
> it costs money to access information and the equipment and software
> to use it. Wouldn't you agree?

what others factor do you see in digital divide, not consecuences of
poverty?

> Free Software also creates jobs,

yes

> if done properly,

You could do fs properly without making jobs.

Jobs are not the panacea. Do you readed hacker ethics?

> which means that people gain experience and
> knowledge - which is another factor of the Digital Divide.

If you are in you gain experience and k.

> I'm sorry, if you think that Freedom and Economy are completely separate
> things, I have to disagree.

I do not think that.

> In my book, there are poor people in rich and poor countries. The
> Digital Divide exists within Developed and Developing nations.

another problem with developing countries CC.

> If people have to spend less money on content and software, then they
> would have more money for equipment. Wouldn't you agree?

yes.

> Sadly, there will always be 'poor people', simply because there will
> always be people with more.

I do not accept that statement, we can have diversity, without poverty.

If you wish to live in a society without
> poor people, then you wish to live in a society without rich people.

not at all.

Could I read your book? I am not poor, nor rich, but I live in a
"developing" country.

--
Diego Saravia
dsa at unsa.edu.ar