[Lac] WGIG

Federico Heinz fheinz at vialibre.org.ar
Sat Sep 18 19:53:36 BST 2004

On Sat, 2004-09-18 at 13:51, Taran Rampersad wrote:
> I'll just add that all this SPAM of products is a major problem in the
> Caribbean region. That's a definite WGIG issue.

I'm not sure I agree. While spam is indeed a growing problem, I'm not
sure I'd like a "governance" body decide for me what I should think is
spam, and what not. The potential for censorship is too large. Spam is
most likely (and much more legitimately) to be dealt with by
technological measures under each user's control anyway.

If spam is to become an issue in the discussion of Internet Governance,
I think our position ought to be to exclude it from the discussion and
leave it to the users and their ISPs.

	Fede

--
GnuPG Public Key: gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net --recv-key BD02C6E0
Key Fingerprint: 04F4 08C5 14B7 2C3D DB21  ACF8 6CF5 0B0C BD02 C6E0