K.O.M.I.T.E.E. Attack Foiled In Ber

kurd-l at burn.ucsd.edu kurd-l at burn.ucsd.edu
Mon Jun 26 17:53:01 BST 1995

From: Arm The Spirit <ats at etext.org>
Subject: K.O.M.I.T.E.E. Attack Foiled In Berlin

K.O.M.I.T.E.E. Attack Foiled In Berlin

     On April 10/95, police foiled an attempted attack by four
militants against a newly constructed deportation prison in the
Grunau section of Berlin. A total of 120kg of explosives had been
disguised as fire extinguishers and were designed to destroy the
new prison before it could be opened. However, ever since the
spectacular RAF commando attack which completely destroyed a new
high-tech prison in Weiterstadt in March of 1993, German
authorities have greatly increased their surveillance of prison
construction sights.
     Although police foiled the attack, all four persons were able
to flee. Since then, however, one woman (Beate) has been arrested,
but three men (Bernhard, Thomas, and Peter) are still on the run.
All three were active in the autonomist scene in the Kreuzberg
section of Berlin, according to police. During the foiled attack,
police also claim to have found the communique for the action,
signed by a group called "Das K.O.M.I.T.E.E.".  This group had
previously carried out an attack on an abandoned army barracks in
Bad Freienwalde in East Germany in November of 1994. This action,
which caused 200,000 DM in damage, was done in solidarity with the
Kurdish national liberation struggle and to protest German arms
sales to Turkey.
     Below is the communique from an action against the company
responsible for building the deportation prison in Berlin-Grunau.
If we receive any updates about the Grunau incident, we publish
them. In the meantime, however, we send greetings of solidarity to
the three comrades still on the run.

- Arm The Spirit, June 9/95

-----
Terrorists Are Those People Who Build Deportation Prisons, Not
Those That Blow Them Up!

Stop The German State's Racist Asylum And Deportation Policies!

     On the night of Wednesday/Thursday, June 7/8, 1995, we
detonated several containers full of flammable mixtures under three
vehicles belonging to the ALLROUND construction firm, because they
are involved in the construction of the deportation prison in
Grunau and therefore are partly responsible for the deportation of
countless refugees and immigrants to regions of war, crisis, and
poverty. This company earns money by constructing a place where
people will be caged up for weeks, just for exercising their right
to demand their fair share of the world's wealth.
     For refugees, deportation doesn't just mean poverty and
sorrow, but also torture, prison, and death.
     On Monday, 22.5.95, a Kurdish woman named Havva Koc was
deported from Berlin-Schonefeld to Istanbul, where she was
immediately arrested by plainclothes police. Her present
whereabouts are unknown.
     As of June 12, the moratorium on the deportation of Kurds will
be lifted. In Kurdistan, the Turkish military has been waging war
for years, not just against armed ERNK units of the PKK, but also
against the Kurdish civilian population and all those who strive
for independence. According to the 1994 annual report of the
Turkish Human Rights Association (IHD), more than 2,000 villages
have been destroyed, writers and journalists were sentenced to a
total of some 500-600 years in prison, more than 100 unions,
parties, associations, and organizations were banned, and more than
100 publications were confiscated or forced to close down (Ozgur
Gundem, Ozgur Ulke, etc.).
     Through its weapons sales to NATO partner Turkey, Germany is
a party in this dirty war: first send in weapons to fight against
the Kurds, earns lots of money in the process, and then send back
all those who flee from this war. The German state is responsible
for this cycle of death!

"Today, some two years after the right to asylum (Art. 16 GG) was
practically abolished, politicians celebrating the 50th anniversary
of the defeat of fascism speak of peace and reconciliation. But
such words are meaningless, as Roma peoples are being deported to
Rumania where today they still face persecution, discrimination,
and pogroms. They speak of peace, and yet people are still being
shipped back to the former Yugoslavia: deserters, who, through
their decision to avoid military service, are actively resisting
the war, raped women, elderly people, sick and mistreated children.
(...) Threatened expansion and tightening of laws regulating asylum
seekers, overflowing deportation prisons, the accompaniment of so-
called security personnel from the refugee's home country to assist
in the deportation process, and the planned "chip card", which
would record an asylum seeker's every move - all of this shows that
the interior ministers' racist repertoire is still replete."
     (from a leaflet for the demonstration against the Interior
Ministers' Conference in Berlin, May 1995)

     We demand that all refugees and immigrants be given the right
to stay here. Not only because Germany, through its imperialist
policies in the Three Continents (the so-called Third World), has
created the root causes of flight (poverty, war, etc.), but also
because we envision a society where it doesn't matter in the least
whether someone is green, black, white, or purple, whether they
have a passport from this or that country, whether they speak one
language or the other. We don't give a shit about any of these
things! Everyone has the right to live here. Period!
     On 7.5.95, 2,000 people took part in a demonstration in the
Westphalian city of Buren sponsored by more than 40 refugee groups
and organizations against the deportation prison located in that
city. "This prison in Buren, which holds 600 people, is exemplary
of the legal, state practice of German racism", according to one
speaker at the demo.
     On 18.5.95, another 2,000 people demonstrated against the
Interior Ministers' Conference in Berlin to protest the deportation
of refugees.
     Today, no one can claim that they weren't aware of things. The
division of labor is clear. Some people pass racist laws, others
transport refugees like freight, and still others build deportation
prisons - like the ALLROUND firm!
     The prison in Grunau, when it's finished, will hold 400
people. Unfortunately, the planned attack by K.O.M.I.T.E.E. was
foiled by the cops at the last minute.
     When right becomes wrong, resistance is a must! And when words
go unheard, the language of violence must be spoken!

Open borders for all!
Solidarity with the Kurdish liberation struggle!
We wish Bernhard, Thomas, and Peter lots of fun, strength, and love
as they run from the cops! You can live and struggle anywhere!
For the immediate release of Beate K.! And, of course, for Mumia
Abu-Jamal!
Greetings of solidarity to Das K.O.M.I.T.E.E.!

Bye for now, until the next time,

Das K.O.L.L.E.K.T.I.V.
Berlin, June 7/8, 1995

+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++===+++==
Arm The Spirit is an autonomist/anti-imperialist collective based
in Toronto, Canada. Our focus includes a wide variety of
material, including political prisoners, national liberation
struggles, armed communist resistance, anti-fascism, the fight
against patriarchy, and more. We regularly publish our writings,
research, and translation materials in our magazine and bulletins
called Arm The Spirit. For more information, contact:

Arm The Spirit
P.O. Box 6326, Stn. A
Toronto, Ontario
M5W 1P7 Canada

E-mail: ats at etext.org
WWW: gopher://locust.cic.net:70/11/Politics/Arm.The.Spirit
FTP: ftp.etext.org --> /pub/Politics/Arm.The.Spirit