"Grey Wolves" Are Behind Arson Fire

kurd-l at burn.ucsd.edu kurd-l at burn.ucsd.edu
Sat Nov 30 07:03:35 GMT 1996

From: Arm The Spirit <ats at locust.cic.net>
Subject: "Grey Wolves" Are Behind Arson Fires In Greece

TURKISH DEPUTY REVEALS:
"GREY WOLVES" ARE BEHIND ARSON FIRES IN GREECE

A Turkish deputy from Tansu Ciller's True Path Party (DYP) yesterday
revealed that Turkish paramilitary organizations are responsible for
arson fires in Greece's islands while, at the same time, an article
published in the pro-government Turkish daily "Yeni Safak" provocatively
boasted in its title: "We Burned Rhodes".

According to the DYP deputy Sedat Bucak, the perpetrator of these
fires was Abdullah Chatli, the leader of the extremist group "Grey
Wolves". Chatli was recently killed in a notorious car accident in Turkey
which brought to light the relations between Turkish mafia and the
government.

These revelations came to confirm reports the Greek authorities
already had in their hands, according to which, the fires that have
devastated the Greek islands every summer were an act of arson performed
by specially-trained forces of Turkish agents.

Greece's alternate Foreign Minister George Papandreou stated that the
Turkish deputy's statements are "especially worrisome and show that
various sabotage raids have been committed in our country with Turkish
instigation."

Moreover, Mr. Papandreou pointed out that these disclosures by
themselves constitute a criminal act which, in conjuction with Ms.
Ciller's statements ("it is an honor for those who shoot for Turkey"),
should trouble the international community.

Before proceeding to the necessary actions, the Greek Government
awaits the immediate probe and reaction on behalf of the Turkish
government, which, according to Mr. Papandreou, bears the essential
responsibility.

(Source: http://users.patra.hol.gr/~cgian/main.htm)

collective based in Toronto, Canada. Our focus includes a wide
variety of material, including political prisoners, national
liberation struggles, armed communist resistance, anti-fascism,
the fight against patriarchy, and more. We regularly publish our
writings, research, and translation materials in our magazine and
bulletins called Arm The Spirit. For more information, contact:

Arm The Spirit
P.O. Box 6326, Stn. A
Toronto, Ontario
M5W 1P7 Canada

E-mail: ats at etext.org
WWW: http://burn.ucsd.edu/~ats
FTP: ftp.etext.org --> /pub/Politics/Arm.The.Spirit
ATS-L Archives: http://burn.ucsd.edu/~archive/ats-l

 ++++ stop the execution of Mumia Abu-Jamal ++++
   ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig ++++
     ++++ see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm ++++