GAMA: iraq-usa

FIC at OLN.comlink.apc.org FIC at OLN.comlink.apc.org
Mon Sep 9 04:06:00 BST 1996

        GLOBAL ALTERNATIVE MEDIA ASSOCIATION - GAMA - PRESENTS:
                news provided via our member "infoPool"
                --------------------------------------

SOURCE: INA
HEAD:   iraq confirms launching missile attack against u.s. planes

     baghdad, sep 8 (ina-pool) iraq on sunday confirmed that its air
 defense fired surface-to-air missiles against u.s. planes patrolling
 the no-fly zones in southern iraq although the targets were missed.

     an iraqi military spokesman did not mention where the firing of the
 missiles occurred nor the number of missiles launched.

     however, the official warned that iraqi air defense would combat
 enemy planes in the future.

     "our american enemies continued to violate (on saturday) iraqi
 air space", the spokesman said.

     "our air defense troops fired at enemy planes that left the saudi
 territory with surface-to-air missiles although this time they were
 able to escape punishment," the military spokesman added.

     [end] mi