[Telecentres] Introduction and Basic Telecentres

Don Cameron donc at internode.on.net
Thu Oct 7 07:53:52 BST 2004

Hi Pamela,

If it's not asking too much, a description of the links and engagement being
forged between the Ago-Are InfoCentre, yourself, and Horace's group in the
UK might also help those new to Telecentre's appreciate the way online
interactions are increasingly used in support of Telecentre (InfoCentre)
initiatives for and by the economically disadvantaged (is Horace a member
here? - maybe we should invite him to join). Watching as this project
develops has been tremendously enlightening - how are the funds and plans
for sustainability coming along? Have you been able to forge linkages with
the Cyber Café in Saki? - Your challenges and experiences offer valuable
insight for anyone wishing to grasp the complexities of civil ICT engagement
and IMHO is exactly the type of experience we need to incorporate into WSIS
(do you have any spare time? :-).

Rgds, Don