[Telecentres] Community workspace for our group

Andy Carvin acarvin at edc.org
Wed Oct 20 12:47:04 BST 2004

Hi everyone,

As many of you know, my organization will soon release a new version of
our Digital Divide Network website. This new website will allow us to
have our own community workspaces for sharing documents, posting news
and events, and having threaded bulletin board discussions. It will also
allow all of us to have our own blogs if we want.

The site is not ready for public use yet, but we have just started
testing it. To make the testing process as practical as possible, I'm
starting to experiment with a community workspace for the telecentres
caucus. You can see this experimental workspace here:

http://ddntest.edc.org/community/telecentres

Please do not publicize this URL, since it is still experimental and
will be updated eventually to our real domain name,
digitaldividenetwork.org. But I wanted to show it to everyone to get you
thinking about ways we can use this space: documents we wish to share
with each other, events we're hosting or attending, etc. You're welcome
to experiment with it, but please realize we are still testing the
functionalities and correcting them, so don't be surprised if not
everything is working properly.

If you have any ideas or suggestions, please feel free to email me. I
will post an update to the list once it's ready for public use.

--
Andy Carvin