[Telecentres] Introduction - from Paris, France

Raymond Jean-Luc jeanluc_raymond at yahoo.fr
Wed Sep 15 18:07:08 BST 2004

Dear Andy and all the people there,

I have worked and still work together in France and in the French-speaking part of Europe in the field of telecenters.

Yearly, we set up in January, a meeting of young people in Autrans, France (more than 50 people) who work in french telecenters (from cities, foundations, as volunteers or not) as well some people from belgian telecenters.

We have produced the biggest study about "social habits in french and  belgian telecenters" (2 years ago) with more than 600 telecenters who  have answered.
The results are available online there in French:
http://www.cyber-institut.org/

I maintain the biggest discussion-list in french about telecenters called "espaces publics multimedia" with more than 1600 people at the  moment on it:

I take part (with other people) of the government working in-state
governmental group that coordinated during 3 years the different telecenters in France.

We have developed a strong partnership with our belgian friends.

I now work on a projet of a French NGO named ATD Quart Monde - the project is called "Internet de rue" (internet on street) for 2 years that will consist in developing a project of furnishing internet to more than 20 families (very very poor people) in Paris and suburbs and accompanying them.

I really guess this group is a great initiative and i am proud to be a part of it.

I have relayed your message about the working to the french discussion  list as well as my partners who works for/in telecenters
at different level (local, regional, country) in the following countries :
France, Belgium, Luxemburg and Spain.

best regards from Paris - France,

Jean-Luc Raymond

Créez votre Yahoo! Mail

Le nouveau Yahoo! Messenger est arrivé ! Découvrez toutes les nouveautés pour dialoguer instantanément avec vos amis.Téléchargez GRATUITEMENT ici !