[Telecentres] Re: Welcome to the Telecentres Working Group!

Fuatai Purcell fuatai.purcell at mof.gov.ws
Wed Sep 15 09:11:09 BST 2004

Andy and members of this group. My name is Gisa Fuatai Purcell. I am the
Secretary and ICT Advisor for the Samoan Government's "National ICT
Committee". Cabinet approved our National ICT Strategic Plan last month. We
are now looking at "how to finance" our ICT strategies - its a challenge. We
took part in the WSIS and I wrote paragraph 16 of the WSIS Declaration.
Telecentre is one of our strategy to bridge the digital divide and establish
"Rural Connectivity". We are organising a telecenter workshop in Brisbane
early December to find out the issues etc and develop a telecentre plan for
the small island countries of the Pacific. Will talk more about it later.