[SPAM] - RE: [Telecentres] Going forward - Email found in subject

Hannah Beardon HannahB at actionaid.org
Mon Sep 27 15:32:07 BST 2004

I remember her!  I agree that we should each play to our strengths and
it would be inappropriate to have a handful of village level telecentre
managers or volunteers formulating policy.  However, your last sentence
holds the key... "All we can hope is that these non-grassroots people
understand the needs of the grassroots people and their communities!"
Do we just have to hope, or can we put some structures and systems in
place to ensure accountabiltiy to the poor/ marginalised and good
communications to really listen to what they need, want and what works
for them, rather than making assumptions on their behalf.

Hannah