[Telecentres] ICT Development Report

Andy Carvin acarvin at edc.org
Tue Sep 28 19:21:10 BST 2004

Fuatai Purcell wrote:

> I will be contributing to the Declaration from a small island country's
> perspective. Thanks.

I, for one, am very glad to hear that. :-) I remember seeing you talking
about your participation in the Declaration drafting process at the
Mauritius ICT Stakeholders meeting (not sure if you remember, but we met
briefly this July), and I'm confident you'll be a great advocate for the
work of this group in the govt drafting sessions.

At some point in the near future, it might be a useful exercise for us
to map out our group's membership beyond geographic representation, but
also by sector. We're mostly civil society reps, but we have numerous
friends from governments, UN agencies, donors and the private sector
participating. As we all know, it will take a concerted effort by those
of us representing each of these sectors to get any of ideas put into
future documents to be drafted for adoption at WSIS, for none of us
could do it alone....

--
Andy Carvin