[Telecentres] Important: WGIG nominations must be submittedbymidnight GMT

Andy Carvin acarvin at edc.org
Wed Sep 29 11:58:46 BST 2004

Hi everyone,

I've heard back from the CS coordinator for the selection process, and
she's requested that we send backup materials to support each candidate.
She's also requested that we make two or three of our people alternates,
with one person as our primary nomination. I'd endorse having Taran be
our primary nomination, as he's passionate and articulate about Internet
policy, interested in participating, and is from the South. Would others
support this? Taran, would you support it?

They've supplied me with a list of information they'd like submitted for
our nominees. As you'll see, this list is to weed out people who are
very interested in being nominated from others who are less so, or are
less qualified. So I have a feeling this may narrow our list down to
one, or perhaps even none. Comments? -ac

Format for submitting nomination(s)

In making your caucuses/working groups recommendation, we request that
you submit the following information, which will be passed on to Mr.
Kummer, with the names of the candidates. Individual members of the CS
plenary may also submit nominations. Individuals should also submit
their nominations based on the criteria explained below.

- Reliable contact information for the candidate; i.e. email, telephone,
fax and postal address.

- A statement indicating the qualities that the person would bring to
the WGIG.  While no particular content is being required, it is
recommended that this section include a discussion of the concerns
mentioned above and a discussion of the experience and perspective the
candidate would bring to the WGIG discussions.

- A statement of the person's governance related affiliations.  That is
information such as: which sector does the person belong to (government,
industry or civil society), what caucuses/working groups do they
participate in, employer, national background, and language skills.

- An indication from the candidate that they understand the work load
they are volunteering for and that they are available during the
expected period of deliberations.

- A short statement about your caucus/working group. Include information
about the group's background and history, membership (numbers), and
achievements or other information you think relevant. Please give a URL
for a website if you have one.

--
Andy Carvin