[Telecentres] Calling all telecentre enthusiasts, managers and users- telecentre.org wants to hear your stories on "our telecentre experiences"

partha partha at bytesforall.org
Thu Dec 22 00:24:24 GMT 2005

Next Featured Topic: "our telecentre experiences"

Calling all telecentre enthusiasts, managers and users  - telecentre.org
wants to hear your telecentre stories!

Do any of these sound like you?

You manage, use, and dream about telecentres.
You've seen a telecentre grow from a tiny initiative into a community wonder.
You re involved with a network of telecentres which is evolving regionally
or even nationally.
You ve helped a telecentre through rough years of financial uncertainty.
You ve learned how a network of telecentres can emerge and grow into other
places.
You have so many fond and bitter memories of experiences working with
telecentre(s).

If so, we want you to share your stories!

We know that your telecentre and telecentre network stories are so
captivating, valuable and empowering for others involved in the telecentre
movement to hear. This is why we want you to speak up and share your
experiences with the world! How? telecentre.org will be featuring your
stories in our next featured topic called My telecentre experience.

To be included, please contribute your thoughts, experiences, stories on
your telecentre or telecentre network by the 8th of January, 2006.

How can you contribute?

Well, there are three ways...

1. You can write a blog at http://www.telecentre.org Note, if you do not
already have an account with us,  you register at
http://www.telecentre.org/user/register Once you have registered and are
logged in, you can write your blog entry at:
http://www.telecentre.org/node/add/blog (Please note, you won't be able to
write a blog entry unless you're registered and logged in).

Writing a blog entry at telecentre.org site is very easy it's like writing
an online journal.  For more help with writing a blog entry, please visit
our help document at:
http://www.telecentre.org/support-pages/how-to-share-a-story If you still
have questions, please feel free to write to us at kate at takingitglobal.org
or psarker at idrc.ca or cbure at idrc.ca

2. You can share a picture and a description of your telecentre with us at:
http://www.telecentre.org/node/add/image

Please provide some information in the description box, such as, what this
picture is about, approximate date of picture taken, location and a brief
description of the telecentre etc.

You can even send a picture by email! It s very simple. Just and attach
your picture to an email message and put your photo s description as the
email subject and send it to: theory65disk at photos.flickr.com  We'll take
care of the rest.

Any problems? Please visit out HELP file 'how to add a picture' at"
http://wsis.telecentre.org/how-to-add-a-picture and you can get step by
step instruction there. You still can write to us at
kate at takingitglobal.org or psarker at idrc.ca or cbure at idrc.ca, if you have
problems.

3. You can literally speak up in your own voice and have that audio file
podcasted at our site. How?

There are 2 simple ways.

A. You can call our Yahoo or Skype ID. If you're using YAHOO MESSENGER or
SKYPE, please add our contact ID : telecentres_hotline at your list.

Once you add this contact, you can double click the contact (even if this
is offline) and can click to CALL. After 4-5 rings, you will be connected
to our voice mail box, where you can leave your story for us. In Yahoo you
will get 2 minutes and in Skype you will get 10 minutes to record your
voices but if you think this time limit is not sufficient, then please feel
free to leave another message. Obviously you'd need a microphone to record
your voices.

We'd strongly recommend that you give us a brief introduction of yourself,
your location and the telecentre/network of telecentres that you'd be
talking about. If you have problem, please write us at:
kate at takingitglobal.org or psarker at idrc.ca or cbure at idrc.ca

OR

B. You can simply record your voice in any audio device and can send it to
us. You can use a microphone or any other recording tool to record your
voices, save it and send it to us. You probably would need a software to
capture your voice. Usually Windows system come with SOUND RECORDER but you
can use any other audio editing software for that. For instructions on how
to record your voice, please visit these resources (these are not our
resources) on the web:

http://www.computerhope.com/software/soundrec.htm
http://homerecording.about.com/od/basictechniques/
http://www.aaevp.com/techniques/technique_evp10.htm

Best wishes and we look forward to hearing your interesting responses on
your telecentre experiences!

telecentre.org team