[Telecentres] NGOs buying telecenter connect time to give away?

Gáspár Mátyás gaspar.matyas at axelero.hu
Wed Jul 6 07:46:08 BST 2005

In Hungary it is typical, that local governments are supporting
telehouses, partly susidising, partly buying services, particularly
computer and Internet education (e.g. for school pupils, also for
teachers). It is also can be organised by grants (e.g. Internet
education for adutlts). We in Hungary are standing for community access
as public task, which should be financed to a given extent (it is a big
battle to what level, most of local governments do it by their own
initiative now) by the governmental (central/local) budget. Matyas
Gaspar, Europen Union of Telecottage Associations, president