[Telecentres] Telecentre's caucus co-sponsoring CONGO "best practices" event?

Andy Carvin acarvin at edc.org
Thu Nov 3 19:20:26 GMT 2005

Hi everyone,

Rik Panganiban of CONGO has invited the telecentre caucus to co-sponsor
a forum at WSIS entitled "Scaling Up Civil Society Best Practices to
Bridge the Digital Divide." This forum will highlight the critical role
of civil society organizations in promoting access to and effective
utilization of the Internet and other information communications
technologies.

As co-sponsors of the event, representatives from the telecentres caucus
would be able to speak during the forum. And of course, everyone
attending WSIS will be more than welcome to attend. The forum will be on
16 November 2005, 1300-1700 Salle St Augustin, Kram Centre, Tunis.

I think it would be great for the caucus to co-sponsor the event. So I
have two questions for the caucus:

1. Do you support having us co-sponsor the forum?
2. If you plan to attend WSIS, would you be interested in speaking at
the forum?

Please email your thoughts as soon as possible so I can give Rik a
prompt reply.

thanks,
ac

--