[Telecentres] Setting up a blog for WSIS (was "WSISBlogs.org update")

Andy Carvin acarvin at edc.org
Thu Nov 10 18:34:31 GMT 2005

Hi Anne-Catherine,

I'd be happy to help you set up a blog. I'm cc'ing the telecentre caucus
and the plenary list in case anyone else would like to follow these
instructions for getting started:

If you don't have a Digital Divide Network (DDN) account yet, please go
here to create one:

http://www.digitaldivide.net/members/add.php

After you submit the form, you will receive an email from our server
asking you to click a link to confirm your membership.

Once you've subscribed (or if you already have a DDN account), continue
to this link:

http://www.digitaldivide.net/members/edit.php?section=blog

This is the page to set up your blog. It's very easy; give your name a
blog in the "page title" field. Everything else on the page is optional.
Then click "update settings."

Now you're ready to post your first blog entry. On the left column of
every DDN page is a link called "Post an Entry":

http://www.digitaldivide.net/blogs/add.php

Go to this page and write a blog entry. Use the Title field for your
entry's title, and the body field for your blog message. The other
fields are optional, but I would recommend selecting "World Summit on
the Information Society" in the community menu; that will add your blog
entry to the WSIS community on DDN.

Finally, once you've posted an entry, go to your blog and look on the
right column of the page. Look for the link that says "Get the RSS feed
for your blog. XML" Copy and paste the URL of this link into an email
and send it to me; this will allow me to include your blog in the
WSISBlogs site.

thanks,
andy

Once