[Telecentres] FW: A Prospective Sign On Letter Re: WSIS from the Telecenters of the Americas

Gurstein, Michael gurstein at ADM.NJIT.EDU
Thu Oct 13 20:59:28 BST 2005

The Telecenters of the Americas (TAP) http://www.tele-centers.net is a
network of networks representing telecenter networks throughout the
Americas and has more than 10,000 telecentres within its associated
networks. (I'm on the Board representing the Community Informatics
Research Network.)

TAP has for a variety of reasons not been active in WSIS. They/we are
very practice oriented and couldn't see anything of immediate value to
the respective members that would come from the commitment of time and
money that would be required.

I've been advising them on WSIS developments on an on-going basis and
the TAP Board has now collaboratively developed the attached statement
which it would like to pass on to whoever the appropriate parties would
be in the design of the follow-up process to WSIS.

It was suggested that the notice would have greater strength if it was
forwarded on behalf of telecentres in all regions of the world and I'm
wondering if you/your respective organization would be willing to "sign
on" (comments or additions would also be appreciated).

If so, please let me know asap and also in your return note if you could
send me an organizational logo that could be added to the top of the
letter.

Best to all,

Mike Gurstein

Michael Gurstein, Ph.D.