[Telecentres] ICTD class and collaboration opportunities

Joyojeet Pal joyojeet at sims.berkeley.edu
Mon Feb 6 03:20:35 GMT 2006

Dear Friends,

We have temporarily put up our class website on ICTs and Development here:

http://ict4d.schtuff.com/

In the meantime if there are projects that you would find useful in
having some students work on, please feel free to get back to me with
ideas. If the projects are related to technology and development, and
include the kind of work that can be done, mostly remotely, from
Berkeley, we'd be delighted to assign students to work on real world
issues. We prefer that any work done by the students should be
publishable, thus it is unlikely

If you have a project that you'd like some takers for, please send me
the following:

1. Project Name / Affiliated organization
2. Expected Outcome (paper, presentation, case study, data analysis,
UI-study etc.)
3. Your role/contribution (enabling access to documents, interviews)
4. Importance of this project idea to the larger ICTs and Development Issue

In the past, we've had student projects such as looking into LTSP
feasibility in Mexico, Ethnographic issues in Kiosk Design,
Micro-entrepreneurship in Russia and so on which came about from ideas
generated through these lists.

If you have no project ideas, please feel free to keep up with our
discussions on these lists, at the end of the semester - student project
presentations are put online. Best wishes,

Joyojeet