[WSIS Edu] URGENT: Tunis // events

Snezana Krstic snezana at tmf.bg.ac.yu
Fri Apr 22 18:13:20 BST 2005

On Sre, 20 April, 2005 10:10 , Meigs je rekao(la):

Dear Divina and others,

I was very glad to meet you and a other memebrs of this taskforce in
Geneva and I am glad that we can continue cooperation.
Here are some proposals regarding Tunis events. I am sorry that due to my
poor knowledge of French and Spanish I will not be able to address you in
all three languages, but I hope that this will be understandable

> Please answer in whatever language, in relations to the points I number (1
> to 6). Be as concrete as possible and send to the whole list, not just to
> me
> :
>
> 1)    do we want the education taskforce to be present in the parallel
> event?

I think that it should be presented there by as many events as it would be
possible to organize (having in mind funding and human resources), as it
is good chance to make our ideas more visible and highlight the
significance of education and research for Information Society

> 2) do we have the capacity to propose an exhibition?
I am not sure, but perhaps there will be some ideas

> 3)    If we chose the space for activities,which ones?
>
>            -conferences
>            -panels
>          -workshops
>          -project presentations
>          -other:

I propose panel discussion on subject
"Multi-stakeholder approch to ICT education and research - partnership and
synergizm"
or simple
"Multi-stakeholder partnership for ICT education and research"
In this panel could be involved participants from all sectors: academia,
media, governmental sector and intergovermental organizations, private
sector, NGO's... The idea is to present the advantage of this approach and
results (achieved or expected) of such synergy.
Here could be also presented example of DiploFoundation, Geneva-Malta,
(accredited to WSIS) and its results in multistakeholder approach to
education on Internet Governance in developing countries.

Otherwise, it may be organized a session with project presentations, in
case there would be interest for that.

> 4)    Partnerships with whom?
>             -Other families or working groups
>             -InternGovernmental Organisations (UNESCO, Š)
>             -governments
>             -universities and other teaching instances (remember there is
> need to be accredited for WSIS)
>              -other

I think it would be great if partnership with UNESCO could be established.
Partnership with governments also could be interesting

Regards,
Snezana

--
Snezana Krstic, PhD
(representing DiploFoundation at WSIS relating events)