[Telecentres] AllAfrica.com article on NEPAD E-Schools

Andy Carvin acarvin at edc.org
Wed Sep 22 11:06:32 BST 2004

AllAfrica.com has an article today about NEPAD's E-Schools initiative,
which will be connecting schools across Africa to the Internet. One of
the things I find most interesting about the initiative is that they're
also embracing public health as an aspect to the school-based
telecentres, so students and community members alike will be able to go
to the computer labs for health information and services.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200409210044.html

ps- I wrote about the initiative on my blog while attending the ICT
Stakeholders conference in Mauritius this past July:

http://edwebproject.org/andy/blog/000560.html

--
Andy Carvin