[Telecentres] Important: WGIG nominations must be submitted bymidnight GMT

Andy Carvin acarvin at edc.org
Tue Sep 28 18:26:58 BST 2004

Given the fact we're extremely short on time, and also that the
likelihood of any of our candidates being picked is modest at best, I
would be comfortable submitting Gaspar, Karin and Taran, all of whom I
think would represent our interests quite well. My one concern is that
we have not heard from either Gaspar or Karin, and I fear they may not
come online before it is too late. Perhaps what we could do is this: I
could contact the coordinator of the process, and see if it would be
alright to offer their names tentatively, and explain that we are a
brand new working group and only got the notice at the last minute, so
we're still waiting to hear from Gaspar and Karin to confirm their
interest. That way, we can throw their names into the hat rather than
miss the hat entirely, but have the option to withdraw their names if
they decline the nomination.

Would anyone have any objections to this? Or a better idea? Time is
running very short...

ac

--
Andy Carvin