[Telecentres] Important: WGIG nominations must be submittedbymidnight GMT

Gáspár Mátyás gaspar.matyas at axelero.hu
Wed Sep 29 16:47:43 BST 2004

Dear All,

Nominating me to represent the world telecentre movement is a great
recognition of my work in our region. Thanks. I'm quiet and waiting with
the respond because I don't see what this work/mission means in
practice, whether my different skills, are good for that, or not. First,
serving in such position, I'm afraid, my English is not good enough (my
native language is Hungarian, and the second, close to the native is
Russian, English is my so called "woking" languge. The other thing is,
my position at this moment is a telecentre volunteer, parallely with my
loved telecentre "hobby" as the EUTA president and expert, I've to work
also for money for living (teaching at Budapest Economy College,
consulting the Hungarian Ministry of Informatics, city governments, and
also UNDP in community informatics missions). So, of course, it will be
great honor for me to work in this mission, I think I have good
experience for that, but to give a responsible answer(yes or no), I
simply doesn't see the whole picture, how this affects my life. But, if
you think - despite this - I'm the "solution", let's go further, I'm not
against, please help me to clarify, wether my conditions are real
constrains. If not, I'm ready to work with this group and future
organisation on my "right place". My basic interest is to create a
world-wide multicultural community telecentre network, without borders,
based on some shared values (community, solidarity, knowledge, equal
opportunity and some others).

Matyas Gaspar